The knife is a melee weapon which is permanently equipped with the player.
A knife cannot be purchased in the buy menu, nor it can be dropped.
It is an extremely short range weapon but the most powerful in the game. The knife is a one shot kill to any part of the player, including the feet
The knife was introduced in the version 0.4.0, on popular community request.
• Knife is a melee weapon, thus it is only usable on a point blank range. This requires a player to sneak close to the enemy.
• Knife has the fastest running speed which should be exploited to run from an enemy, it the bomb explodes or to quickly navigate the map.
• Knife rewards with $1500 for each kill. This is useful for sustaining team economy.
Knife finishes are the highest grade cosmetics in the game. Knife skins can only be found in weapon cases or purchased in the marketplace. These have a rare drop rate from cases.
There are 7 types of knives in the game, each with different skins:
3. M9 Bayonet
- The default Standoff 2 knife is a Ka-Bar knife
- The default knife has an engraving "Ka Bar Olean NY" which refers to the knife name and the place of its production, Olean New York.
- The Golden Karambit is the most valuable knife finish, solely because of its rarity.
- Knives are the only finish which cannot be procured by crafting 10 lower grade skins.
- As of 0.15.9, only 4 types of knives can be recieved through cases while others can only be purchased in the marketplace:
- Karambit: Furious Case
- Butterfly: Fable Case
- jKommando: Rival Case
- Scorpion:Scorpion Case
- Before the introduction of the M9 Bayonet in 0.9.6, the origin collection consisted of finishes for the default knife.
- Those players who bought a Ka Bar skin got them replaced by an M9 Bayonet of the same finish